Home About Contact Home Australia Blog

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tea for Two

Today I had the pleasure of taking my mum to tea. Just the two of us. No crying two year old, no Little Princess jabbering away. Just us grown up women spending some time together.



Having my mum here in Australia has made me realize how much I appreciate her. I am so glad she is healthy and able to travel to the other side of the world to visit us. I marvel at her memory when she shares stories about my childhood or her own. I'm grateful for her helpful hands and kind heart.

And so today it was so nice to take the time to just sit down together and enjoy a cup of tea. The view was beautiful, the finger sandwiches were lovely, but our time together was the best treat of all. Just me and my mum and a cup of tea.

5 comments:

ian said...

That tea looks fabulous. Beautifully laid out table & tea set. Where was this? We are such fans of afternoon tea, and it would be a great way to celebrate our arrival in Sydney next week.

Jenny said...

Ian- it was fabulous, and it looked even better before we devoured most of the goodies. (I forgot to take a picture). It's the Tea Room at Gunner's Barracks, Georges Heights (Mosman). I put a link in the post. Good luck with your upcoming move!

Erin Maggie said...

How nice is that? My mom is coming to visit in Oct/Nov and I'm looking forward to doing something similar. I'm so glad you are enjoying your time with her here. Cherish it!

ian said...

Hi Jenny - Thanks for the info. We will definitely be calling there. It all looks so elegant. Gus often takes his mum for tea at the Mount Nelson when he goes home to Cape Town.

Elsja said...

We took my mom there when she came to visit- we had a great time. And they refilled our sandwiches! I was amazed :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design