Home About Contact Home Australia Blog

Friday, June 3, 2011

Unraveling a Life

Tasmanian Sunrise
Our time left here in Australia can now be measured in weeks instead of months.  We'll be gone before the eggs in my refrigerator expire.  It's surreal to think that I  have to begin to unravel the life I've spent the past 2 years creating.

Squeeze in a couple last trips.
Sort through our belongings and decide what to take, what to sell, what to toss.  
Close out our accounts and memberships.  
Say good-bye to all the people we've come to love here. 

Even the kids are starting to feel the tension of being torn between two lives on two continents.  Someone once said that beginnings are always scary, endings are always sad, but it's what's in between that counts.

I just wish the in between could last a little longer.




Did you vote today over at Circle of Moms?  2 little clicks is all it takes!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy and sad for you at the same time! It will be sad to leave all your wonderful friends you've made, but so exciting to embark on this new adventure!

Danielle said...

OMG I am sad reading this! It is inevitable for all of us expats, but something that we can never really be prepared for, I guess. I haven't left yet, so I am only assuming! My time will be up as well, a year and two months at the most (which can change in an instant.) I hope you continue to write as you move on to London, I look forward to hearing about your adventures there! :)

Unknown said...

I definitely know that feeling. Trading what you know in for the unknown always feels like a raw deal. Hopefully after you've said your goodbyes, you will have a burst of fun and momentum getting set up in your new life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design