Home About Contact Home Australia Blog

Monday, May 25, 2009

Surfs Up

It's Autumn here (not Fall) and the stormy weather has brought some big waves to Sydney beaches. This weekend we drove out to Manly (our closest ocean beach) and were impressed by the huge surf which closed the beach.

When we returned home we were surprised to see surf at Balmoral (the typically calm harbour beach right in front of our apartment).

Surfers off Rocky Point Island at Balmoral Beach



Sunday we headed out to Bondi for the first time and watched heaps of people surfing the big waves out there as well. Check out this cool ocean pool for lap swimming.



Bondi Beach



I'm sitting on the balcony typing, watching the sunrise and listening to the waves hit the shore while waiting for the Woolies guy to bring my groceries. (I have completely given up going into Aussie grocery stores. It's better this way). Life is good. And, to top it off, this time tomorrow I will be heading to the airport to pick up my mom. No wonder I'm smiling.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Lucky girl with your mom coming tomorrow! Isn't Bondi Beach gorgeous. We love it!

Kathy said...

Have such a great visit with your mom. I can't wait to hear about all the things you do together. And, that pool looks fantastic. Is it public, or a hotel pool or what?

Danielle said...

Beautiful!!! I really have to make a trip up to your neck of the woods. How exciting your mom is arriving ... I bet you can't wait to show her around, can't wait to hear all about it!

Anonymous said...

That picture of Bondi Beach is wonderful!

Erin Maggie said...

I noticed your use of the word "heaps" and "Woolies". You are already Aussie. :-) I must say, nothing beats the beaches in Australia. California can't compare. And to have a harbour run right through the city is even better when you can enjoy the harbour beaches as well. I'm so glad you got over to Manly and experienced Bondi for the first time as well. Both different, both beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design