Home About Contact Home Australia Blog

Friday, December 24, 2010

We Need a Little Christmas

I have to admit, I haven't been much in the Christmas spirit this year.  Maybe it's because I'm in Australia and it's the middle of summer.  Maybe it's because I'm so far away from my family and friends. 

But finally tonight, on Christmas Eve, it hit me.  We went to church and listened to the beautiful Christmas carols and heard the story of the first Christmas again.  And it finally felt like Christmas when I realized that tomorrow morning, no matter where you are, the whole weary world rejoices. 

Happy Christmas!

I'm re-posting these two videos that have been floating around the internet this week.  The first I found on Natasha's blog.  It's such a beautiful version of the Christmas story presented by the children of St. Paul's Church in New Zealand.  I first saw the bottom one on Erin's blog.  It's a cute modern-day take on Christmas.  Both made me smile while reminding me of the real meaning of the holiday.  I hope you enjoy them!





1 comment:

Erin Maggie said...

Hey thanks for the shout out! I love both videos.

Like you I didn't feel the 'spirit' very much until Christmas Eve either. But I just snapped out of it and tried to remember the reason for the season. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design