Home About Contact Home Australia Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Aussie Aussie Aussie

Today, Wednesday January 26, is Australia Day- a public holiday commemorating the landing of the First Fleet in Australia. 



The city of Sydney puts on quite an impressive series of events to mark the day.  Who wouldn't want to see a Ferryathon, or witness a flyover, or ride on a vintage Sydney bus?  Not me!  That's why last year I thought it would be a good idea to drag my two sticky kids, my sweet agreeable mother-in-law, and my own pregnant self into the city for Australia Day.  After fighting the crowds, waiting in lines, and cramming onto over-crowded public transport we eventually gave up and headed home- feeling exhausted, deflated and a bit defeated.






When I saw my friends' photos of a fun-filled day at the beach I realised I'd made a mistake.  And so I vowed that this year would be different.
I spent the last week waiting, hoping one of my lovely friends would organise some great Australia Day party.  But as Tuesday afternoon rolled around it became painfully obvious that if there was going to be a party I would have to get it started.

Twenty minutes and ten text messages later we were in business.  Six families threw together a last minute BBQ that turned out to be one of the best beach days "evah!'



It was an awesome way to end our Aussie summer. 

2 comments:

suzinoz said...

If you build it, they will come. Good on you Jenny. Looks like you had a fantastic Australia Day!

Fabulous Terrah said...

Happy Australia Day Jenny! ♥!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design