Home About Contact Home Australia Blog

Friday, October 9, 2009

2 Great Tastes That Taste Great Together

I heart Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Really, really a lot. And I've done my fair share of whinging* about the fact that they are largely unavailable here in Australia.
And then I stumbled upon this:

Sugar Fix: an insanely overpriced store stocked with American confectionary goodness. And on display right in the front of the store was my own little Reese's Piece of heaven.

I stood there, drooling, for about 5 minutes whilst* deciding what to purchase. In the end I settled on the bag of mini peanut butter cups. It was $15 well spent. See that lonely bag of Hersey Kisses on the bottom shelf in the photo below? Guess how much those go for here?

Uh-huh. $44.90. And the 8 pack of Dr. Pepper? $23.20. Shocking but true.

It's days like this that make me so glad to be a Diet Coke drinker.

*Aussie word thrown in for fun.
**All Photos taken somewhat discreetly with my iPhone.

1 comment:

AKenney said...

Reminiscent of my $10 jar of peanut butter purchased from The American Store in Paris, which I made last for about 5 months.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design