Home About Contact Home Australia Blog

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Halloween Preview

Last year we lived a block away from the busiest trick-or-treat street in our city.
We had over 300 kids come to the door for a sweet treat. And luckily for us- no tricks!

This year we're in Australia where Halloween is a little more . . . low key.
My neighbors assure me that there will be trick-or-treating. Since the only kind of candy they seem have here is gummy worms it ought to be interesting.

I finally finished the kids' costumes. The Little Buddy was so excited about his he wore it to his sister's school for pick up. No one knew who he was. Do you?

Check out more Halloween cuties over at I Heart Faces.

7 comments:

Family Oz Blog said...

Hey, it's Leo! We went trick or treating last year, it was quite the experience watching groups of kids running up to people's door who weren't prepared, shouting, "We'll take chips, lollies, whatever you have in your cupboards". There's a fine line between trick or treating and begging. It was hit and miss for us, about one out of 10-15 houses. Good thing you have neighbors to guide you - Hopefully you'll find some good (participating) neighborhoods!

Jenny said...

Ana- That's funny! Yes, my neighbors were out today doing a "letterbox drop". I guess they pass out a note informing everyone that kids will be by to trick-or-treat. They pass out orange balloons and tell people to put them out if they want to participate. Should make it a bit easier to find people prepared to dole out the loot. We'll see!

AKenney said...

I have no idea but I applaud your skills. I can barely put a button back on, so this costume might as well be the sewing equivalent of whipping out the Mona Lisa.

Nana said...

Our Reid is so over the top cute! I can't wait to see the full look, his shoes and all. Great job Jenny.

Kathy said...

He is the cutest Leo ever! Poor Taylor's costume is so big on her... I NEED you to just give it a little stitch here and there... why does your sewing maching have to be so far away??? And speaking of your sewing machine, Alan says their vests are pathetic compared to the rest of the tribe... I think I'll have to pull out the glue gun again and just do my best until 2011.

Kristi said...

Oh, I am so impressed!

Hayley said...

Oh, I wish I knew who Leo were... if Just to boost your faith in us Aussies! You are incredibly talented, that costume is amazing, great pic {and a cute little man!!}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design