Home About Contact Home Australia Blog

Friday, June 18, 2010

Tastes Like Chicken

Walking through the grocery store in Australia is still a mystifying experience. Here is a small sampling of the interesting products I found for sale in the chip aisle. Because you've always wanted chips that taste like . . . . meat.


Honey Soy Chicken


Not just BBQ- but BBQ Ribs


Moroccan Spiced Chicken and Lemon (really??)

Classic Honey Baked Ham

For the Purists: Chicken


Luckily for me they also have the standard "Sea Salt" and "Salt & Vinegar". Which is good for those of us who prefer our chips to taste like . . . chips.

6 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

If only they had roasted turkey flavored chips...the answer to your Thanksgiving prayers.

Laura said...

I think I wrote am almost identical post to this when I first started my blog. I could not believe how gross the chip flavours were here-- don't forget BURGER RINGS-- ewwww. Hope you're well!

Jenny said...

FGIS- I just searched your blog and found your post- so funny. I guess there are some things that Americans find universally strange. And how could I forget Burger Rings? Seriously.

Kristi said...

funny post. i still tear up at the grocery store.

ps. how are you feeling mama? not much further to go. how has your experience been with this pregnancy compared to your other two (in regards to the medical side here in australia compared to the states)?

Jesica said...

LOL. They have a thing for meat chips in England as well, I always found it amusing. I haven't found them here but the best of them all is McCoys Flame Grilled Steak, most of them I detest but the Steak ones are awesome! We went so far as to have them in our Out of Town Bags for our wedding in Bath England last year =)

Sarah said...

Ha ha - saw this and thought of you!:
http://www.realfooddirect.co.uk/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=100&products_id=4659&osCsid=k4d2986qgg1olrk2dpd82p10g6

Tried them - not so good though! :(

Was also going to add that meat crisps are the norm in England!

Jessica - we are currently in Somerset and a wedding in Bath must have been absolutely beautiful. What a great place!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design