Home About Contact Home Australia Blog

Monday, March 9, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Physically getting from here to there is not as easy as one might think. Here's what we're taking:

2 kids
2 car seats
1 stroller
9 giant suitcases to be checked
5 carry-on bags

How will we ever get this stuff through customs Down Under? Wish us luck!



UPDATE #1:
The huge van picked up us and all our stuff and we made it to LAX in record time.




UPDATE #2:
We survived the flight.




UPDATE #3:
We arrived in Sydney Tuesday, March 10th. Here's a photo of the kiddos with all our luggage (minus the car seats which were yet to be retrieved from oversize baggage). The customs officials almost confiscated my camera because I snapped this photo in the baggage claim area. Shame on me!



We're here- This is just the beginning!

6 comments:

Monique said...

Welcome to Sydney!!! :)

Laura said...

Haha-- you look just like us when we moved over! My boys were 2 and 3 at the time and it was crazy.

I think I recognize your airplane seats too! (I know I'm weird)- but we've done it all 3 ways- First, coach, and premium economy- so let me guess-- premium econ on the new Airbus 380 upstairs? Or am I way off?

I hope you're here safe and sound-- and please email me if you'd like to get together-- we'd love to have you over-- we're in the eastern suburbs, have a great swingset, and the beach in the backyard (literally)-- so when you're ready.... flgirlinsydney@gmail.com

Rest up!
-Laura

Jenny said...

Laura- That's business class on a United 747. It was great to have the lay flat seats- everyone actually slept! :)
Thanks for the invite. I will email you to take you up on that soon.

Laura said...

I noticed the United logo on the seat after I left the comment.

Erin Maggie said...

Welcome home! Well... welcome to your new home!

I'm so glad you've made is safe and sound. Hope you are settling in okay. :-)

And you must take Laura up on her offer... beautiful home, beautiful location!

Anonymous said...

WELCOME! How exciting for you!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design