Home About Contact Home Australia Blog

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My First Look

Since I was actually able to sleep in my first class pod, I arrived in Sydney Wednesday morning (where did Tuesday go?) somewhat rested and ready to check things out. Here's a few photos from my walk down to Circular Quay (why it's pronounced "key" I have no idea) and the Botanic Gardens.

Above: A view of the hotel and skyline from Circular Quay.


Above: View of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge from the Botanic Garden.


Above: View of the Sydney skyline from the Botanic Gardens. The downtown area is referred to as the CBD (central business district).


I guess I'm not the only one who needs this reminder! Driving on the left will take some getting used to.

After touring the Botanic Gardens I was ready to head back to the Shangri-La for a quick rest. My new flip flops had left my feet blistered and my $75 Aussie pedicure (more on that here) smudged. I was wilting in the humidity so it was a relief to plop down in the air conditioned hotel room with my Frommer's guide to Sydney.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so glad you are blogging all of this! Following the Powledges to the land down under will be fun!
-Michelle

Erin Maggie said...

That is my building that I work in in the photo of Circular Quay, the blue one, The Gateway! I'm spoiled to look out my window and see the Opera House and Harbour Bridge every day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design by Edub Graphic Art and Design